Thursday, August 05, 2010

Check it Out!

Some of you knew that I was going to answer a few questions for a journalist for Voice Of America (VOA) about the homebirth. He had contacted my midwife and she asked if we would let him interview us. We thought it was just going to be in print but it actually was a video piece as well.

Although I felt like they changed and edited some of my wording to make it sound like our previous experiences in the hospital were a bit more dramatic than what I ACTUALLY said, I thought it was a good overall story on homebirths as an option for some people and I was happy to be a part of it. My midwife Mary Ann is on the video as well...she is awesome!...just in case anyone is in need of a terrific midwife, I'm happy to refer...hehe:)! The link to the article and the video is below. I laughed at the footage of my belly on camera. The skirt I was wearing that day made lines on my belly because of my hugeness and they showed up on camera...haha!! Enjoy! (btw...they included pics of the kiddos too which are really sweet.)

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Welcome-Home-Baby--99634994.html

5 comments:

Ginny said...

Hey I like your midwife's last name! :) I am SO proud of you for all you did, you did so amazing and I love that you got to spread the word about natural childbirth and home birth!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Katie said...

your babies are so gorgeous. you look like things are going well and everyone is settling in well!! i am happy for you ;)

JSM said...

Love you guys, but still think you're crazy ;)

Kolby said...

Very neat video!! Thanks for letting us drop in last Sunday. It was so good to see yall and meet Stella. We miss all the Mboro peeps!

patsy said...

wow...i did not know that you delivered at home!! i am jealous, i wish i could have been so brave, i think that would be a wonderful experience to have. stella is such a cutie, she is giving me baby fever and maggie is only 14 months old so she is still my baby! look forward to keeping up with your family, thanks for filling me in about your blog...patsy