Friday, October 02, 2009

The Time Has Come...

I love my blog and I love going to others' blogs (chances are if you are reading then I frequent yours:). But, I have to admit that as much as I LOVE our blog and the way it connects us to family and friends, something in the back of my mind has always felt a bit strange about all that I put out there for anyone to read. I tried adding the FEEDJIT thing with the hopes that seeing where people were coming to our site from would make me feel better, but it didn't. It actually freaked me out a bit when I realized that people were coming from places where I KNOW that I don't know a soul. I also realized that it wasn't that accurate b/c it always lists us as coming from a different state than TN??? I keep thinking that if I can very innocently check out tons of people's families and pics of their kids, then who could be lurking around (not innocently) checking out mine??!!!

After some things that happened today, I felt in the pit of my stomach that we needed to go private on our blog. I figure that anyone we know who wants to read about what is going on with us and see pics will still get to visit our blog and I can feel a bit more safe about what I am putting out into the big online world. I realize it might be a bit of an inconvenience at first to do this, but hopefully it won't be that big of a deal. I am not even sure what to do go private b/c I wanted to let everyone know who visits before you tried to get on our site and it was asking for a password. If we know you, we will be HAPPY to give access to the site, even if we haven't talked to you in a really long time!;)

I will probably wait until after the weekend to go private and then by Sun. night, you will need a password or something. I am also shutting down my Facebook too. I know I could just limit my info. on FB that I share, but I still feel weird that anyone can read my conversations with other people. I will just have to go back to regular 'ole email, telephone, and the US Postal Service as way of communication:) I will miss checking in on friends that I haven't seen for a long time and the ease of communicating via FB, but I know this is a good decision for me.

And for the record, nothing crazy happened...no weirdo showed up at our door or contacted us or anything like that. No need to bother asking what lead me to do this...you would just get a really long-drawn-out-overly-detailed-Karen-Kramer-Story...and believe me it isn't worth your time:):)

Much love to everyone! I'll be looking forward to continuing to share all that God is doing in our lives and the many ways that He is changing us and blessing us...just a bit more discreetly!

4 comments:

Becca Sanborn said...

Would you mind sending me an invite? I've missed having Emily in 3 year old class so it was nice to see how she is doing.

My email is becca.sanborn@gmail.com.

If you don't want to, don't feel obligated. :)

Ginny said...

You'll have to let me know how you go private and what made your decision, I always love a good Karen-Kramer-drawn-out-story. :) Plus I'm concerned about my blog now!!! love you!

rachael said...

I am in!!! Thanks for the invite

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

girl. i know. ive gone back and forth about this forever. literally. public. private. public. private. it STILL bothers me. more power to ya!