Tuesday, July 08, 2008

33 Weeks and Counting!

Sorry no pics with this one...but just wanted to update about the little unnamed guy growing away in my big ole' belly!

We had an appt. this morning and it went great...praise God! His little heartbeat is strong and is measuring right on track. He is growing and thriving as evidenced by the size of his current habitat:):) I will have to get Derek to take a pic of me tonight and I will post later for those of you that want a good laugh. Really though, I feel pretty good. Being prego in the summer is so so different from the winter...I'm sure many of you can give me an amen on that one! Besides some issues with acid reflux and occasionally feeling swollen, I really can't complain.

There is progress being made on little Hercules' (as his Daddy refers to him due to his crazy strong movements) room. Not only did Derek give me some Emily-free time this past Sat., he also surprised me when I got home by having his room completely cleaned out with the crib up and furniture moved. I was so excited that I actually cried...I know, I know it's ridiculous. Sat. was Derek's only day with no commitments and I would have loved for him to just get some rest, but instead he worked his booty off. That is why it meant even more to me, not to mention that the thought of dealing with the baby's room was sort of overwhelming me as it really was a total disaster. Thanks for the surprise D...it was so sweet!!

I got the curtains for little boy's room today and that means we can paint soon...I'm very excited about that. I have been waiting to order his bedding b/c I really wanted to monogram it, but seeing as how we haven't chosen a name, that may not happen!:) I will post pics when we get more done in there. Besides other projects going on around here that are keeping us busy, we are just looking so forward to seeing this sweet boy's face. I can't wait to kiss him and see what he looks like!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend...will keep you posted on the little guy's progress. (And I'll try to get that belly shot posted so that you will know exactly how to pray for me...haha...just kidding!)

No comments: