Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Update!

Just a little news to share. Emily and I just returned from a trip to VA to visit family. We had a great time and we sure missed Derek. I wish that I had pictures of Emily seeing Derek at the airport last night for the first time in 10 days! She began running and (very loudly) yelling Daddy as everyone around us laughed in amusement. It was too sweet and funny!

I came home to an immaculately spotless house (thanks to my sweet husband) and we ate pizza and spent some fun time together before putting the stinker to bed.

So more on our trip later...I just wanted to let everyone know that we got to hear the baby's heartbeat this morning and it was amazing. Our doctor told us that the baby is VERY active...not sure how that makes me feel right now...thankful obviously and a little nervous:) Next month we will find out whether to begin thinking about boy or girl names. We can't wait!

A quick shout out to sweet Judy for posting some pics for me on her blog...but good news, the camera situation has been resolved and as soon as I get settled, I will post some VA pics. That is all for now...we'll be back in a few days!

2 comments:

Joshua Baker Watson said...

Yea!!! So glad you made it back safely and so glad you heard a strong heartbeat today! We were all quite amused by Derek's hot pocket story the other night....."I was starving and it took me 45 minutes to heat the hot pocket in the oven." Andrew goes, "Dude, Karen wasn't there, why didn't you use the microwave!" Poor Derek, he didn't know what to say. He was a trooper without you! We need to get together for lost! This week though, I have conferences. Yuck. Glad you all are home!

JSM said...

Is anyone else NOT surprised that Derek kept the house spotless in Karen's absence... or at least upon her return? :) Way to go D!
Glad you had a great trip and are home with your sweet man again!
PS- Take some "postable" pics next weekend of the two of you!