Friday, October 21, 2011

Locks of Love...With a Twist!!!

There are so many families that I would love to help with fundraising for their adoptions! 

Unfortunately I am lacking lots of things these days...time, talents, energy, money, mental stamina....to name a few.  But something I do have a lot of is hair!  Okay don't laugh! Stay with me here.

I have cut my hair for Locks of Love multiple times and I began thinking maybe I could use it to raise funds for a family in the midst of adoption.  I kept thinking...SURELY someone out there wants to see me nearly bald!!!  What a fun little way to raise some cash for travel expenses for this very sweet family that I love dearly! 

Meet Brian & Priscilla Hogue...
They are a (current) family of 4 and are dear friends of ours.  They are some of the most generous and sincere people I know.  They walk out their faith very tangibly and we are blessed to call them our friends.  We are praying so hard that they will bring their son home from South Korea very soon...and boy is he a cutie pie!  I would love to blow them away with generosity as they blow others away on a regular basis!

So, I have between 10-12 inches and that would take my hair to a VERY short length. 

This is how it will work.  For every $100 that gets donated, 1 inch will come off.  I have set the chip-in at $1,500.  If more money is donated than I have hair in inches, I promise that I will go very very short!  I am so scared to write that!  But Derek and I love throwing out hypotheticals and I keep thinking that if someone walked up to me and said "hey I will give the Hogues 2K if you chop your hair off right now...will you do it?" Well, heck yeah I would!  It's hair, it will grow back, right?!?  haha!  And what could be more worth it than bringing this absolutely adorable little guy home to his family?....Meet Jacob!


Oh my!  I could eat this munchkin up!  And I am partial because he is in South Korea and Derek being half Korean and all...well I just can't resist this face!:)  Seriously, isn't he the cutest?!?

Once again, here is how it will work.  For every $100 donated, I will cut off 1 inch of hair.  If more money is donated than I have in inches, I will go super short!  And the challenge will end in one month on November 20.  So, you have until then to make me really regret this decision! LOL!

You can donate to the Chip-In on the top right of our blog.

Thanks in advance everyone....and spread the word!  I know that the Hogues are grateful for every penny!

Here is the Hogue's blog if you want to keep up with their adoption. 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are a nut! But a generous one! I love it! I think you just want to be like me ;) btw, does Derek know about this?

Reading Widely said...

Hi! Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I noticed you haven't updated your blog lately. Hopefully that means you're just busy with settling in! But, in case you need some support or advice please don't hesistate to email me. Also, make sure you take advantage of our After the Rainbow Yahoo Group (shoot me an email if you're not a member). There are so many great families there and they are a fountain of knowledge and encouragement!

Blessings,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org
Rachel@reecesrainbow.org