Saturday, November 10, 2007

My First Haircut!!!

Emily finally had her first haircut about a month ago. She kept waking up from her naps and in the morning with the biggest fuzzball ever on the back of her head...it was long overdue! She was really great. A friend recommended (was it you Laurie?) cutting her hair in the bathtub and it worked so well. She was completely distracted and wasn't covered in hair when I was finished. For those of you wondering why I attempted this feat myself; let's just say that when you have curly hair and have a daughter with curls, you learn to be VERY cautious with the scissors!!!:) Most hairdressers are NOT cautious enough with scissors. I wasn't willing to risk it. I hardly cut any length off but it made the ultimate fuzzball less afroish and much easier to comb through. Derek was a bit concerned with my skill level though after his scalping a few years back...I still vehemently stick to my guns that he moved during the trimming and I was not at fault. (hehehe:) Incidentally he still lets me trim his hair every now and then (i.e. when he is absolutely desperate)!!!

Before


After

Posted by Picasa

No comments: